To begin with, I will state now that I know virtually nothing, zip, zero, zilch about .htaccess and mod_rewrite. That being said, I know it can be done.

What I have is a framed site that has a header/footer plus left menu and main frame. What I have now is a link in the menu for a client login which apears in the main frame. the user input U/P which would go to a php file and verify who they are. Once verified the php login would contain a header("link") to their protected directory.

That part I can handle easily. The hard part is that I also need the directory protected with .htaccess to prevent direct linking. Or when the client bookmarks the page I need them to log in.

I have seen it before at i2 Membership which uses a mod_rewrite to redirect the .htaccess to a php login script. This is what I would like to accomplish.

On a side note, I would also like to prevent downloading of images by putting some other coding in the .htaccess if that is possible too. I have also read and reread the following forum .htacces thread

As of now I have no .htaccess in the directory, but need to do this quickly.

Thanks in Advance for any help.
Squid

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.