I'm facing a problem with Firefox.

I've got a page with a input text box element within a form .

On the Click of Submit , I would like to open a new window with width =1200 and height=900 .

I've used the following code

<form name='form' action="login_check.php" method="POST" target="foo" onsubmit="window.open('', 'foo', 'width=450,height=300,status=yes,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes')">

It works perfectly fine in IE , however in Firefox it opens it in a tab... My objective is to actually hide the address toolbar.

Hope someone could really help me out here.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Well you can't exactly control that because even if it opens in a new window for one user another might have their settings to override opening pages in a new window IE., no matter what you do it will open in a new tab. Controlling the user is a bit difficult and unpredictable.

IE will pretty much always open a new window when it encounters the window.open() method. However, Firefox's action is, as I said before, a bit unpredictable.

Why do you want to hide the address bar?

Well you can't exactly control that because even if it opens in a new window for one user another might have their settings to override opening pages in a new window IE., no matter what you do it will open in a new tab. Controlling the user is a bit difficult and unpredictable.

IE will pretty much always open a new window when it encounters the window.open() method. However, Firefox's action is, as I said before, a bit unpredictable.

Why do you want to hide the address bar?

Well its more or less on grounds of security .. therre are some elements that I am passing through the URL , though its encrypted , I would really not want ppl to have access to it .

Pass it using POST and not GET

This is not yours to control. It belongs to the user who owns the computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.