I have been trying to make a simple php mail script, but it won't work! Here is the source below...why wont this work?

<?php
mail("tucker401@mailbolt.com", "This is the message subject", "This is the message body");
echo "message has been sent.";
?>

-tucker-

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tucker

Try

mail("tucker401@mailbolt.com", "This is the message subject", "This is the message body","From: admin@yourdomain.com");

Try

mail("tucker401@mailbolt.com", "This is the message subject", "This is the message body","From: admin@yourdomain.com");

That still doesn't work :sad: thanks for the help though.

-tucker-

The variables in mail function are as follow:
mail($to_email, $subject, $message, $headers);
$header is optinal.

Make sure your hosting is support mail delivery (smtp enable). You may want to try using other free hosting services.

Are you trying to run the script on your own computer aka localhost? or with under domain?

OMG it works now! I think the problem was i was trying to run it under a free hosting service that had php, but that didn't support mailing...but now that i have a paid service it works. Thanks so much for all the help guys.

-tucker-

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.