I am looking for a way to pass a variable from one form to another form in a new page. Bassically when a person clicks 'register' for a specific class, I would like it to open up my registration form and automatically fill in the class name and perhaps other variables such as price.

I am fairly new to javascript and php but I believe there is a way to do this in either. I have heard that I may need to have my register button be in a form that has hidden inputs that are my variables. The register button would then pass the variables on to a php script.

However, I am not very sure how to write the script (any tutorials would be of great help) and I am not sure how to fill my registration form with the variables from the script.

I also thought that it may be possible to send the variables through a link using javascript but am not really sure how to pick up the variables on the registration page.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Look up php sessions, if you have problems to progres please post in PHP section of this forum

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.