Hello Im looking for a real simple way, if possible with no databases involved, to send an email to a hosting account on godaddy. I believe they use smtp.secureserver.net for the smtp server. I have a form that asks for the persons name and their email..I am later going to make some sortof mailing list, So if you know of a easily integratable mailing list app let me know.

Thanks In advance for any help offered

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The chances are quite good they already configured the server for you, so you can simply send a mail.
HAve a look at this function to send an email; http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

Example:

<?php
$mail['to'] = 'person@domain.suffix';
$mail['from'] = 'you@' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . '.suffix';
$mail['subject'] = 'Newsletter';
$mail['message'] = "Hello,\r\n\r\nHow are you?";
$mail['message'] .= "\r\n\r\nUntil Later\r\nYour Team";
$mail['header'] = "From: \"Your Team\" <" . $mail['from'] . ">\r\n";

$mail['status'] = @mail($mail['to'], $mail['subject'], $mail['message'], $mail['header']);
if ($mail['status'] == false) {
    echo 'Failed to send mail to ' . $mail['to'] . '.<br>Error: ' . error_get_last();
    exit;
}
else {
    echo 'Sent mail to ' . $mail['to'] . ' with no errors.';
    continue;
}
?>
commented: Very Helpful +6

Ah, the gdform. I tried for over a week to send mail through GoDaddy. My client had the small to medium sized business plan. I would test the code on different servers and it would work, but when I'd move it onto the GoDaddy machine, it would fail. I wound up making a page using php_info() and found that mail, along with many other functions were disabled on the server. If you haven't yet done so, create a php_info page and have a look.

It appears that mail is enabled from what I can tell because the phpinfo lists send_mail and smtp info. I havent tried out the code yet but I will soon.

That code worked perfectly thanks fert.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.