hi am getting the following error when I try open my application. everything was ok and nothing has been installed. it just stopped working one day.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
/ssi/login/profile.asp, line 669

Line 669 is con1.Open Application("dcon") & "DATABASE=<database name>;"

dcon= "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;" & _
"DATA SOURCE=<datasource name>;DATABASE=<database name>;" & _
"UID=<username>;PWD=<Password>"


I have tried to change the dcon variable according to various suggestiong I found on the net to no avail.

I'm not sure which database you are trying to connect to but try http://www.connectionstrings.com/
It should be able to help you work out if the problem is with your connection string or not

Thanks for that connectionstrings link. It really helped me out.