What would fundamentally change with MySQL between using XAMP or WAMPserver so as to render MySQL inaccessible, triggering a MySQL 2003 error code?
Last Sunday I was comparing XAMPP with Wampserver. I used the same MySQL database. I approached the experiment from the analogous point of view of using the two different basic text editors to edit the same simple text document. Both packages run the same version of MySQL. I was not successful getting Wampserver to do what I thought it could do. There were no changes to data, just trying to access it. I did not succeed with getting wampserver to access an alias, never mind submit a query to MySQL Yet, I could not get MySQL under XAMPP to run until I did a restore of certain MySQL files to a state prior to any testing.
The files I restored were:
The last 3 files are specific to a database project I am working on, so I do not think those were a factor. That leaves desktop.err or desktop.pid (both in the folder that serves as the root for MySQL data).