Hi,

I'm trying to insert a php page into my webpage.

I succeeded inserting plaincart shop.php but now I have come to upgrade to zencart I can’t seem to do it.

I have attempted it using an inline frame shoptest.php it worked in firefox but not IE. I haven't bothered debugging the frame resize as using an inline frame really isn't a route I want to go down.

This is as far as I have got inserting zencart properly shoptest2.php

I guess it is the /store/index.php that is causing the problem.

Here is the /store/index.php code:

/**
 * index.php represents the hub of the Zen Cart MVC system
 * Overview of flow
 * <ul>
 * <li>Load application_top.php - see {@tutorial initsystem}</li>
 * <li>Set main language directory based on $_SESSION['language']</li>
 * <li>Load all *header_php.php files from includes/modules/pages/PAGE_NAME/</li>
 * <li>Load html_header.php (this is a common template file)</li>
 * <li>Load main_template_vars.php (this is a common template file)</li>
 * <li>Load on_load scripts (page based and site wide)</li>
 * <li>Load tpl_main_page.php (this is a common template file)</li>
 * <li>Load application_bottom.php</li>
 * </ul>
 * @package general
 * @copyright Copyright 2003-2005 Zen Cart Development Team
 * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
 * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
 * @version $Id: index.php 2942 2006-02-02 04:41:23Z drbyte $
 */
/**
 * Load common library stuff 
 */
  require('includes/application_top.php');

$language_page_directory = DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $_SESSION['language'] . '/';
  $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($code_page_directory, '/^header_php/');
  foreach ($directory_array as $value) { 
/**
 * We now load header code for a given page. 
 * Page code is stored in includes/modules/pages/PAGE_NAME/directory 
 * 'header_php.php' files in that directory are loaded now.
 */
    require($code_page_directory . '/' . $value);
  }
/**
 * We now load the html_header.php file. This file contains code that would appear within the HTML <head></head> code 
 * it is overridable on a template and page basis. 
 * In that a custom template can define its own common/html_header.php file 
 */
  require($template->get_template_dir('html_header.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/html_header.php');
/**
 * Define Template Variables picked up from includes/main_template_vars.php unless a file exists in the
 * includes/pages/{page_name}/directory to overide. Allowing different pages to have different overall
 * templates.
 */
  require($template->get_template_dir('main_template_vars.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/main_template_vars.php');
/**
 * Read the "on_load" scripts for the individual page, and from the site-wide template settings
 * NOTE: on_load_*.js files must contain just the raw code to be inserted in the <body> tag in the on_load="" parameter.
 * Looking in "/includes/modules/pages" for files named "on_load_*.js"
 */
  $directory_array = $template->get_template_part(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'pages/' . $current_page_base, '/^on_load_/', '.js');
    $onload_file = DIR_WS_MODULES . 'pages/' . $current_page_base . '/' . $value;
    $read_contents='';
    $lines = @file($onload_file);
    foreach($lines as $line) {
      $read_contents .= $line;
    }
  $za_onload_array[] = $read_contents;
  }
/**
 * now read "includes/templates/TEMPLATE/jscript/on_load/on_load_*.js", which would be site-wide settings
 */
  $directory_array=array();
  $tpl_dir=$template->get_template_dir('.js', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, 'jscript/on_load', 'jscript/on_load_');
  $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($tpl_dir ,'/^on_load_/', '.js');
    $onload_file = $tpl_dir . '/' . $value;
    $read_contents='';
    $lines = @file($onload_file);
    foreach($lines as $line) {
      $read_contents .= $line;
    }
    $za_onload_array[] = $read_contents;
  }

// set $zc_first_field for backwards compatibility with previous version usage of this var
  if (isset($zc_first_field) && $zc_first_field !='') $za_onload_array[] = $zc_first_field;

$zv_onload = "";
  if (isset($za_onload_array) && count($za_onload_array)>0) $zv_onload=implode(';',$za_onload_array);

//ensure we have just one ';' between each, and at the end
  $zv_onload = str_replace(';;',';',$zv_onload.';');

// ensure that a blank list is truly blank and thus ignored.
  if (trim($zv_onload) == ';') $zv_onload='';
/**
 * Define the template that will govern the overall page layout, can be done on a page by page basis
 * or using a default template. The default template installed will be a standard 3 column layout. This
 * template also loads the page body code based on the variable $body_code.
 */
  require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_main_page.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_main_page.php');
?>
</html>
<?php
/**
 * Load general code run before page closes
 */
?>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

And here is the important parts of the /shoptest2.php code:

I have removed any php from the top of the page, I don’t know what to put there, I have tried a lot but nothing seems to help.

In the table I have this

<td width="770" height="400" valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
  <?php include("store/index.php"); ?></td>
 </tr> 

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Zen Cart has an MVC architecture and relies on the index.php. You could install Zen Cart into a sub directory and link to it from you main site, however people may have problems when switching between the cart and your main site (losing the session and cart contents). A better alternative (but more time consuming) is to incorporate your existing HTML pages and template into Zen Cart. This would entail converting them to PHP files, calling application_top.php into each of them with the following at the top of each page:

<?php require('includes/application_top.php'); ?>

... and then using the Zen Cart Link function for all your links:

<?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link('my_page.php') . '">My Link</a>'; ?>

In this way you are assured that the Zen Cart session is carried through your whole site.

Matti Ressler
Suomedia

Hi Matti,

I really don't know enough about php to be able convert all of my pages to php.

I have been trying for the last few hours and have got anywhere near.

Could you tell me how I could call the page into my current page so I can get it up and running for now.

Cheers

I showed you above how to convert your pages to PHP - that really is all there is to it to integrate them into Zen Cart.

You wont "call the page into your current page" except as an Iframe which I highly recommend that you do not do. Your only other alternative is to install Zen into a sub dirctory and place a simple link to it on your main site.

Matti Ressler
Suomedia

Sorry for the very slow reply.

Unfortunately work had me busy with something else.

Thank you for all the help.

I have now got it up and running with most of the bugs ironed out.

Website with new zencart shop and even products

The only thing I haven't solved is the padding around the cells that appears on the shop page but none of the others.

I will at some stage integrate all of my old pages into the zencart system, but I have about 1000 new products to add to the site which are the priority at the moment.

Thanks again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.