I want to put image uploading in my page and i searched all over the net for some ways on doing this and its seems like almost all of the ways states that i should save it in the database itself not i directories. Will the image retain its properties from its original file upon retrieving a saved image? Can anyone help me how to do this? tanx..

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

never put an image into the database itself. just upload them into a directory and put the path to file in the database.

It is always better to store the images on disk instead of database. File operations are always faster than database. Saving the images on disk will reduce your database size which will give you comfort when moving database or mainting database.

Don't save images in database unless you have some special requirements.

But if you still interested to same images in database then here is a small post to save images in database.

never put an image into the database itself. just upload them into a directory and put the path to file in the database.

but in folder the image take more space than database so far i know; so will it be not wise to use database ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.