Hi everybody!

I'm trying to save my web page using javascript. Can anyone please help me write the code for the same.

document.execCommand(sCommand [, bUserInterface] [, vValue]) is not working in firefox. If there is any alternative to this code please let me know.

Thanks a lots for reading my thread. Any help from your side will highly be appreaciated.

Regards

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

This is a security violation.

It is normally a security violation for any web page (origin known or unknown) to mess with the file system on the browser's computer without permission of the owner of that computer.

If IE permits it, it is foolish to use IE.

Hi MidiMagic !

First of all I convey my thanks to you for taking a look at my thread. Since I tried to find solution to my problem visiting many websites, I posted the thread but what you responded is not the solution to my problem. It may be a security violation in normal cases but there should be a solution to every problem. If you do know the solution please let me know. I heard that there are solutions to such kind of problems.

Thanks and Regards
Rupam Datta

This is a security violation.

It is normally a security violation for any web page (origin known or unknown) to mess with the file system on the browser's computer without permission of the owner of that computer.

If IE permits it, it is foolish to use IE.

Most of the WYSIWYG Editors that I see require activeX which requires IE but I know that some claim to be cross browser compatible. I would go to a website that offers scripts like hotscripts.com and search for "WYSIWYG editor" and you will probably find a couple that you can tear apart and look at the source.

Thanx for writing RobbOb, I'll definitely see through it.

Regards
Rupam

Most of the WYSIWYG Editors that I see require activeX which requires IE but I know that some claim to be cross browser compatible. I would go to a website that offers scripts like hotscripts.com and search for "WYSIWYG editor" and you will probably find a couple that you can tear apart and look at the source.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.