I'm interested in learning more about PHP and MySQL. What source would you guys reccomend? I'm looking for something online that can first teach my PHP a bit better then the relation with MySQL. I don't want the main PHP site but some eBook or something maybe you guys can reccomend. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

A few weeks ago I was in the same situation and I would recommend the following books:

• PHP MySQL Web-Development All-in-One-Desk-Reference For Dummies
  • PHP5 and MySQL Bible / By: Tim Converse and Joyce Parks, with Clark Morgan.

Also the following google search term:
site:www.php.net mysql
Note that the link above was computer generated so make that entire line a search term.

And also use PhpMyAdmin to generate some MySQL query's but you will need to alter those computer generated query's. And of course there is the following web link:
http://www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/

A few weeks ago I was in the same situation and I would recommend the following books:

• PHP MySQL Web-Development All-in-One-Desk-Reference For Dummies
  • PHP5 and MySQL Bible / By: Tim Converse and Joyce Parks, with Clark Morgan.

Also the following google search term:
site:www.php.net mysql
Note that the link above was computer generated so make that entire line a search term.

And also use PhpMyAdmin to generate some MySQL query's but you will need to alter those computer generated query's. And of course there is the following web link:
http://www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/

Tizag is a good place to begin. However, PHP is an unimaginably huge beast so beyond a certain point you will have no choice but to use the php.net online documentation. The quality of this documentation is perhaps one of the best arguments for choosing PHP as opposed to another server side scripting language.

I have a, free and print-ready, PHP cheatsheet here which you may find useful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.