Hai,
I've to develop a dynamic web project in my college. I'm interested on doing something different but I've no idea on what topic to select.
Can you suggest me a good topic for the same.
Hoping for lots of good ideas.
Thank you all in advance !!!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

online shopping
forums
blogs
online ticketing
student maintenece
shopping cart
portal
library system

A well compiled online dictionary on a niche subject of your choice. It might be something regular dictionaries don't offer.

online shopping
forums
blogs
online ticketing
student maintenece
shopping cart
portal
library system

Hai and thanks !!
I had some what the same sort of ideas, especially the one on forums.
But, you mentioned "portals" what exactly did u mean by that ???

A well compiled online dictionary on a niche subject of your choice. It might be something regular dictionaries don't offer.

Thanks !!!

hi
what u said about a gaming site?

Create a forum from scratch , see phpBB as reference for your project assignment.

Hai and thanks !!
I had some what the same sort of ideas, especially the one on forums.
But, you mentioned "portals" what exactly did u mean by that ???

Typical services offered by portal sites include a directory of Web sites, a facility to search for other sites, news, weather information, e-mail, stock quotes, phone and map information, and sometimes a community forum. Excite is among the first portals to offer users the ability to create a site that is personalized for individual interests.

Hai, if i decide on creating a forum, how will the questions, suggestions, and answers be stored and displayed dynamically ??

Typical services offered by portal sites include a directory of Web sites, a facility to search for other sites, news, weather information, e-mail, stock quotes, phone and map information, and sometimes a community forum. Excite is among the first portals to offer users the ability to create a site that is personalized for individual interests.

Hai, if i decide on creating a forum, how will the questions, suggestions, and answers be stored and displayed dynamically ??

In database with use of technologies such as PHP/ASP(ASP.NET)/JASP/AJAX, storing such info in XMLs would be mistake

Then what am i supposed to do ???

Then what am i supposed to do ???

First you should see the forums sites clearly...
And analyse them to develop..
Set your database with how many tables you want...
And then implement your self...
Check attachments of forums here:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread134261.html

If we helped you to solve your problem, answered your question please mark your post as SOLVED.
ALL THE BEST.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.