I usually use php but the client i am currently working for only has asp enabled servers so i could do with some help.

I need to write a 'mailto:' script that'll take some variables and email them to a certain place.

If possible could someone help me out and show me the variables that i'll need to change to suit mine?

Also i wonder if there is a function that could take the username of the person that is currently using the form (it's for an intranet page)?

Thanks, (any help appreciated),

Depending on your clients hosting package you can use the free CDO (or deprecated CDONTS) smtp mail object. It is very easy to set up with only a few lines of code. There are numerous samples online. Have a visit to w3schools and check out their sample scripts.

As for collecting the logged on username, you can query the servervariables collection for the AUTH_USER and/or LOGON_USER variables, like:
strUserName = request.servervariables("LOGON_USER")

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.