Hi.
I want to know how it is possible to export data through php to an already available template excel and word, and then how to read from those template?

regards,

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

i don't think you can export and fill a template with php. I have however exported data from a database to excel with php. My suggestion is that you recreate the template in html and have server side code fill the template then export. Excel will read html tables.

Thanks for the replying,
maybe I could not express my problem well, or did not get your idea.

I have have a word template already created, what I need to write data through php into that template.

and about the excel as you mentioned, possible to put an example of that ?

i will see if i can write some code for you. can you attach a template? maybe i can find a better solution once i see how the template are formatted ect.

Hi.
I attached the template, just I need the data from mysql written inside the cells of the table, and also if the data are more than one page then automatically other pages create.

Thanks

since ms word decided to expire right now, can you add %%ID%%, ect in the empty cells so I can find it in the template.

Hi.

since ms word decided to expire right now, can you add %%ID%%, ect in the empty cells so I can find it in the template.

how is actually the code look like?i need to complete my project on this topic as well..and i'm using PHP....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.