Hi.

I'm having a ton of problems right now (I guess volunteering to write an internal application in a language I've never seen before does that kind of thing), but I'll start with something simple.

I'm writing asp.net code to manage some office applications (specifically access and excel). I've read the forums, and I know this feature isn't supported by Microsoft, but I can't even get the namespace references correct. I'm using Dreamweaver and notepad, so I can't just "go to the references" menu. Does anyone know the <%@import namespace &> declarations for MS Access and Excel (2003) ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Stay tuned for the next in my long line of questions.

--nick

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

They don't have any. Those applications are not part of the .NET framework, and so do not have assigned namespaces.

A namespace is a collection of classes, which are prototypes for objects, which have properties and methods. You won't find the "Excel" application in that hierarchy.

If you want to use Excel and/or Access as a datasource, you would use the System.Data namespace. If you want to host those applications, or interactively build Excel documents, you would have to use the COM Interop mechanism to load their APIs.

If you want to host those applications, or interactively build Excel documents, you would have to use the COM Interop mechanism to load their APIs.

Thank you for your response. Any references you'd reccomend for me to get started with that?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.