I am working on a project that uses many html forms. I am using php5.

How do I take a user back to a form with the values he had keyed in after he presses a submit button and the values sent to another script so that he may make some changes before submitting again.

For now I have a link that takes a user back to the form he had visited but this simply loads the form a fresh.

Rony.

Contributors
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by almostbob

not knowing what form structure used this is not necessarily going to work for you, might provide a clue to proceed
in the original form

<form>
text for field 1 <input name='field1' value='<?php if isset($field1){echo $field1;} ?>' type=text size=45>
text for field 2 <input name='field2' value='<?php if isset($field2){echo $field2;} ?>' type=text size=45>
text for field 3 <input name='field3' value='<?php if isset($field3){echo $field3;} ?>' type=text size=45>
text for field 4 <input name='field4' value='<?php if isset($field4){echo $field4;} ?>' type=text size=45>

and in the file that parses the submit and sends it back if not correct, send back with the data in some dynamic url

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.