Hi i'm used to working with Visual studio IDE and C#.NET and have just started studying PHP.
These are my queries:

1. Is there any IDE like the visual studio for PHP, i mean it was a lot easier dargging and dropping controls in VS. Suggest me one.

2. Is there any concept of master pages, like in ASP .NET, so that i can skip the task of writing the left navigation(which i'm currently making using tables) again and agin for every page.

Please reply. Questions may be silly but please keep in mind i'm a newbie in PHP.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi i'm used to working with Visual studio IDE and C#.NET and have just started studying PHP.
These are my queries:

1. Is there any IDE like the visual studio for PHP, i mean it was a lot easier dargging and dropping controls in VS. Suggest me one.

google php ide I use a sourceforge app DevPHP

2. Is there any concept of master pages, like in ASP .NET, so that i can skip the task of writing the left navigation(which i'm currently making using tables) again and agin for every page.

Please reply. Questions may be silly but please keep in mind i'm a newbie in PHP.

Sure are, php templates, entire blocks of code, menus, video players, can all be imported using simple include(filename); statements. and php being what it is an very enhanced html, html templates from any other source are php templates in about 5 minutes of tweaking

<?php 
/* this would be code to read page_text from a file, database, list, or post/get in the url, or anywhere else */
include('./header.php');
include('./menu.php');
if(condition that $page_text is a file the logic escapes me) {include($page_text);}
else {sprintf($page_text);}
include('./footer.php');
?>

i suggest for your navigation problem simply by creating a css table and putting all the links in one page, lets say leftnav.php. On your page where you want that navigation table use this php code:

<?php
include("leftnav.php");
?>

hey thanx almostbob and jakx.......will try it and tell you......

@almostbob: i googled for an IDE but did not find anything similar to VS, am downloading DEVPhp will let you know if it suits what i need.
:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.