Is there a way to make a admin back end function to delete a MySQL entry after the user has click a button to confirm deletion.

I am trying to figure this out using statements and functions but I am hitting nothing but errors

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by adromidon

well there are multiple components to this, are you having trouble generating the MySQL script? Make sure to pass the unique id/primary key of the item you want to erase from the form.

DELETE FROM table_name WHERE unique_key='something';

or are you having trouble setting up the form? let me know a little more and i will be more than happy to help

The delete i can accomplish it is showing the record then having the user click a button that says yes they want to dlete it then running the Query

I can only seem to accomplish one or the other when i try to display the record and then try to have it dlete when someone hits the dlete button it craps out i can seem to get a form variable where they insert the record ID hit submit and the next page deletes that record but i can not seem to get the displaying before deleteing and the deletion to mesh together

Does this make sense?

If you have code you should post it...

I had code but i got so dang frustrated with this that i trashed the page but i am gonna see if i can remeber what i had as far as code

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.