I need a code to open a exe file in asp.

please help me as soon as posssible.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you mean you need to start an application from your ASP web application? Are you trying to get it to start on the client's machine? Wouldn't it just start on the server?

Hi,

Ok i will explain my requirement to u. Actually i have generated a login window in server(In .aspx format). Then my exe file of our software is in server. For security purpose v are doing like. When the user logs in to the server eg. they are accessing my pc. where my system is a server as http://<ipaddress>/<login window>.

If they login in from the client machine, using the above address they will get a login form, If they login properly then they will get an exe of our software opened . and they can use that. if they have not logged in properly then as usal they will get a error message once again asking for the correct password.

I have generated a login window . i got a code to open an exe file also " system.diagnostics.process.start"my own.exe". here when i run the program i am able to get. but when i create a virtual directory of the same then even when i log to a correct password it is not accepting. It is not accesing the exe file. so it is giving an error message. to enter a correct password.

Now how do i process it. Please help me.

Hi,

Ok i will explain my requirement to u. Actually i have generated a login window in server(In .aspx format). Then my exe file of our software is in server. For security purpose v are doing like. When the user logs in to the server eg. they are accessing my pc. where my system is a server as http://<ipaddress>/<login window>.

If they login in from the client machine, using the above address they will get a login form, If they login properly then they will get an exe of our software opened . and they can use that. if they have not logged in properly then as usal they will get a error message once again asking for the correct password.

I have generated a login window . i got a code to open an exe file also " system.diagnostics.process.start"my own.exe". here when i run the program i am able to get. but when i create a virtual directory of the same then even when i log to a correct password it is not accepting. It is not accesing the exe file. so it is giving an error message. to enter a correct password.

Now how do i process it. Please help me.

did you grant execute rights to the user?
and could you please mark your other thread as solved?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.