Hi,
Code below doesn't add new innerHTML into table cell. When it adds it should run other (slideOther.js) file but, doesn't work.
Thanks

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function startSlide() {
el=document.getElementById('productsBigCell');
el.innerHTML='<script>var slide1foldername="";</script><script src="slideOther.js" type="text/javascript"></script>';
}
<script>
</head>

<body onLoad="startSlide();">
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
    <td id="productsBigCell" colspan="5">&nbsp;</td>
  </tr>
</table>
</body
</html>

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Try, unure but::

function startSlide() {
el.innerHTML='<script type="text/javascript">var slide1foldername="'/* often required, to be not Blank even the current folder is .(dot) check doc for slideOther */'";</script><script src="slideOther.js" type="text/javascript"></script>';
}
</script> /* /closure omitted */

Your </body> is not closed properly.

Didn't change.

For debug,
comment out the onload
write the slideshow code directly in the table cell,
and see if the slideshow starts
the slideshow script may have to be invoked, started in some way.
so the javascript may need to be

function startSlide() {
el.innerHTML='<script>var slide1foldername="";</script><script src="slideOther.js" type="text/javascript"></script>';
slideshowstart;}/* where slideshowstart is the start command in slideOther.js */
</script>

unsure
my slideshow script's last line is start;
what does slideOther.js look like

lets see the slideOther.js code. you might want to get firebug a pugin for firefox; you're really going to need it if you're doing all this web dev stuff

I have solved problem by adding a link where javascript is manually called because i have changed the logic. However, thank you very much for your interests.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.