hi,
can you please help me in writeing a code in javascript which will eneble javascript in browser. The code need to be in java script. i am using a performante testing tool "gomez" which supports java scripts only. its really urgent.

Thanx in Advance. :icon_smile:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hi,
can you please help me in writeing a code in javascript which will eneble javascript in browser. The code need to be in java script. i am using a performante testing tool "gomez" which supports java scripts only. its really urgent.

Thanx in Advance. :icon_smile:

I am using IE-7. i cant use the option tab in the browser to active javascript.

Pranab,

There is no JavaScript command that activates JavaScript in a browser.

Two reasons:

1. If JavaScript is disabled then the JavaScript engine is not running, so no JavaScript commands can be interpreted.
  2. If there was a mechanism by which a web page could force JavaScript to be enabled, then this would be a serious security/privacy hole. Users quite correctly have full control over the status of their JavaScript engine, without web pages deciding to override their wishes.

Airshow

<noscript>The tools on this page operate in javascript<br>To access the tools, activate Javascript in your browser and refresh the page</noscript>

You can't force scripting, but you can ask.

you may try this code.

function fn{
    if (!javascript) {
        javascript.enabled = enabled;
    }

}
commented: the last post was 5 years ago, the thread is dead, don't bother replying to old posts, with incorrect answers -3
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.