hello all....
i created a asp.net application with the aspnet database on my pc...now that it is time to publish my application i copied my database with all the stored procedures and tables to a sql server 2000 server that is supposed to hold the database....then i changed the membership provider and the role provider in the web.config of my project changing the connection string in order to link it with the new database

..but right now whenever i try to login i always get wrong credentials though i am sure they are right
please help

Just a guess but i'll bet you are using windows authentication in your connection string? When running an ASP.NET site on a production webserver the user is that of the ASP.NET service, IIUSER_ASP_NET or something like that.. but it typically has no rights.

Try using sql user/pass with a user created specifcally for access in that database.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.