I've been having this php/mysql problem that I can't seem to be able to fix. I'm displaying information from a mysql database on my site, but for some of the variables only half of the cases can have information in tehre that needs to be displayed on the site (e.g. the script is about an artist who sometimes features others in his videos and sometimes he doesn't and only if he does I want to show a "featuring" "Name" in my output). Because I'm posting all my code here I don't know if I should elaborate, so please ask me if you need to know more and if my story is too vague, please let me know what you wanna know! I really hope you can tell me how to get my script to work. My database:

CREATE TABLE `vids` (   `v_id` tinyint(2) NOT NULL auto_increment,   `year` year(4) NOT NULL default '0000',   `video` text collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,   `feat` text collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,   `direct` text collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,   `album` text collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,   `extra` text collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,   `caps` text collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,   `watch` text collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,   PRIMARY KEY  (`v_id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_general_ci AUTO_INCREMENT=44 ;

Example of database (I shortened the content to a couple of letters, some of the fields are still empty and I'll fill them in later, but the empty ones are not the ones of concert in the php script, only the one that does sometimes have content and sometimes it doesn't = "feat"):

INSERT INTO `vids` VALUES (1, 1993, 'OC', '', '', 'PP', '', '', ''); INSERT INTO `vids` VALUES (2, 1993, 'SBD', '', '', 'MLL', '', '', ''); INSERT INTO `vids` VALUES (3, 1994, 'NAL', 'RAY', '', 'PP', '', '', '');

sorry I saw my message didn't fit

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.