Hi All,
Can any body suggest or share code for following scenario:

- In a php file I am getting some message.
- once the message arrives it should popup a dialog or window with the message.
- if poped up is an window it should not have close button on top right corner of the window.

Thanks in advance...

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Place some code - relevant to your question. Wrap up source code in bb code tag.

Hi,
I could able to open the window and pass the message.

Please check the below code"
$message = "Hello How are you";
echo "<a href=\"javascript:window.open('mano.php?param1=$message ','name1','height=500,width=500');\">Click Here To release</a>";

One issue currently I am facing is when I click on the link "Click Here To release" it opens the window but the previous page becomes blank with white background and with text [object].

I need to keep the previous page as it is and the popup should come up.

Can you please let me know the solution.

pen.php

<?php
  $message="Hi";
  print "<a href='pen1.php?param=$message'   
                  target='blank'>See</a>";
?>

pen1.php

<?php
  $m=$_REQUEST["param"];
  print $m;
?>

Hi,
It is really helpful to me.Could you please let me know how to make the pen1.php window size fixed and not resizable.

Thanks in advance.

<script type="text/javascript">
   function doit(msg) {
       open("pen1.php?param=" + msg,"_blank","left=100,top=100,width=200,height=200");
  }
</script>
<?php
  $message="Hi";
  print "<a href=\"javascript:doit('$message');\">See</a>";
?>

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
when I write the following code in a '<?php ?> ' tag it shows again an error [object] in original page and new popup comes up.

print "<a href='releasetype.php?param1=$JobName1?paramMessg=$message','height=500,width=500' target='blank'>Click Here</a>";

kindly suggest what modification I should do to above code so that first page should remain intact and new dialog with fixed size should popup.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.