Okay, first, i'm new on this website. Nice to meet you all :P
My english is not perfect but i believe you guys can understand what i am trying to say.

Ehem... Okay, i have this problem. I have the knowledge of programming (class, variables type, you name it. I study C++ a little.) But i'm new on PHP and mySQL.

Now my father told me to install XAMPP if i want to study it. And i did.

I have been reading like 5- 9 books about PHP & MySQL (O'reilly, dumbass edition, SitePoint).

And i learned the basic of PHP. Now The problem. On all of those book, they teach MySQL not using XAMPP !!

They (the books) teach the basic of MySQL with command prompt, none of them use XAMPP.

How can i study mySQL with XAMPP (Since i don't want to bother installing MySQL, PHP, APACHE manually. Trust me i failed about 4 times.)

---------The Question---------
1. So, can you guys recommend me some good books to study MySQL and PHP with XAMPP ?

2. And can you guys tell me how to use phpMyAdmin ?

3. And What is the use of MySQLi, TomCat, FileZilla, Apache ?

If you guys can answer this, thank you a lot.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

mysql and php with xampp is exactly the same as mysql and php on their own. All XAMPP does is put it in an easy-to-install package

//mysql and php with xampp is exactly the same as mysql and php on their own. All XAMPP does is put it in an easy-to-install package//

I don't even know how to access the MySQL comamnd prompt with XAMPP.

...... Anyone can help me ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.