Hi everyone,

I have tried finding out how to do this everywhere but I am coming up completely blank.

I have content coming into my site that I have no control over and it has this symbol • embedded in it. I really want to remove it and I can't see how.

Can anyone shed any light on it please?

Thanks in advance!

Ricahrd

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Are you using an <ul> <li> ?

Hi pritaeas,

No I'm not using any lists. Basically I am wrapping content coming in from a CURL request in <p> tags and the • symbol is in the content.

I can't find a way to strip it with str_replace etc. Quite annoying.

try using str_replace

<?php
$source = "string with • ";
$newString = str_replace("•", "", $source);

that should work

commented: Made me remember about trying the basics first! +2

never mind you posted that while i was writing that. sorry

If it is in the content, then there should be a way to delete it. Do you have a link to the offending page ?

OK I have to admit to being stupid on this one.

@leviathan185 while I was reading your comment it occurred to me that I was trying string replace while messing around with htmlentities as well. I hadn't actually tried str_replace simply using the character. I know stupid. And guess what. It worked.

Sorry for the oversight guys, thanks to everyone who posted.

Richard

OK I have to admit to being stupid on this one.

@leviathan185 while I was reading your comment it occurred to me that I was trying string replace while messing around with htmlentities as well. I hadn't actually tried str_replace simply using the character. I know stupid. And guess what. It worked.

Sorry for the oversight guys, thanks to everyone who posted.

Richard

it happens to us all, I have done it a few times myself :P Glad I was a help :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.