I didn't know where to post this so please move this if it is in the wrong place.

I need flash to read from my database(mysql database) and also write to it. I tried doing it through php>xml>flash but it won't work.

My friend works with flash while I work with php and mysql and somewhat xml.

If anyone knows how to connect the two, then please help us out by posting both the flash and php code.
Thanks
-Toxikr3

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Does your OS see the device?

In the PHP code, you'll have to give an explicit path to the flash drive.

I need more details before I can help more.

I didn't know where to post this so please move this if it is in the wrong place.

I need flash to read from my database(mysql database) and also write to it. I tried doing it through php>xml>flash but it won't work.

My friend works with flash while I work with php and mysql and somewhat xml.

If anyone knows how to connect the two, then please help us out by posting both the flash and php code.
Thanks
-Toxikr3

You need flash to read directly from your server side Database? or do you want it to read from a database on the client machine?

For simple data, flash can do GET and POST to PHP and then PHP can insert or select from the database. Depending on what version of Flash and Actionscript you are working with, you'll be using loadVars or something like URLLoader/URLRequest/URLVariables in Flash. On the PHP end, you just treat the vars like you would if you were doing a GET/POST from any other place.

Ex:
In Flash, you click on a button that does a URLLoader.load passing variables if you like. You also declare a complete call back function. So you pass a var like id and name. In PHP, you get the variables $_GET/$_POST depending on how you sent them in and do what you need. Then when you are done, I think you have to echo the querystring you want Flash to read in if I remember correctly like

?status=success

Then Flash can read that var status in and display it. I actually have a tutorial doing something similar if you want to use for reference here:

http://www.joeyrivera.com/2008/uploader-phase-1/

thanks I'll look into the link.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.