Hi All,
I need to make a PHP word editor for writting notes that will have buttons like one for wordpress. How do I start it? Is there readymade class that I can employ? Or any tutorial?

I have never done such project before but I need such editor to help people to post to my Web without messing with those HTML tags. The editor should convert them to tags.

Thanks for helping me!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I think what your asking for is a WYSIWYG editor. (What You See Is What You Get). The one Wordpress uses is called TinyMCE. It is javascript based, not PHP, but most of the editors are javascript, or are active X objects. TinyMCE's implementation is very easy, and there are alot of examples.
tinymce.moxiecode.com
Also, there is one called FCK Editor. Its also easy. www.fckeditor.com/

Both are open source, and easy to impliment. Hope thats what you were looking for.

Thanks alot. Im going to check them right now. However, How easily do they integrate with custom site (Hand coded and not CMS)?

Thanks alot. Im going to check them right now. However, How easily do they integrate with custom site (Hand coded and not CMS)?

extremely easy. there is example code on that site. But its very simple. You'll be able to replace a typical text input with their section of code.

Thanks. leaving it open in case someone have something to say

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.