I am currently developing a site that converts videos to a streaming format and plays these streaming videos. I am using ffmpeg as my conversion engine, and am encountering a couple issues.

1) I dont seem to be able to make the videos convert to .flv files. I have tried a large number of arguments, including...

string outputSWF = Page.MapPath(folder + videoName + ".swf");

Process convert = new Process();

//These are the 3 arguments that I have tried.  Two do nothing, ie create my output file as size 0kb.  The other creates it as an appropriate, but wont play the file.

convert.StartInfo.Arguments = " -i \"" + videoRaw + "\" -f flv \"" + outputSWF + "\"";
                    convert.StartInfo.Arguments = " -i \"" + videoRaw + "\" -f flv -s 320×240 \"" + outputSWF + "\"";
                    convert.StartInfo.Arguments = " -i \"" + videoRaw + "\" -ar 22050 -ab 32 -f flv -s 320×240 \"" + outputSWF + "\"";

convert.StartInfo.FileName = Page.MapPath("ffmpeg/ffmpeg.exe");
                    convert.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = false;
                    convert.Start();
                    convert.WaitForExit();

To play these I am using JW Player, which I have been able to make work with .swf's for the most part.

2) With that said, I have no trouble converting to .swf and playing these. So after struggling for hours to unsuccessfully convert to .flv, I thought i would simply use the .swf, but if this is the case I need to learn how to add playback controls to them.

I am using this to successfully convert to .swf...

string outputSWF = Page.MapPath(folder + videoName + ".swf");

Process convert = new Process();

//Here's my good argument

convert.StartInfo.Arguments = " -i \"" + videoRaw + "\" -s 480*360 -deinterlace -ab 32 -r 15 -ar 22050 -ac 1 \"" + outputSWF + "\"";

convert.StartInfo.FileName = Page.MapPath("ffmpeg/ffmpeg.exe");
                    convert.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = false;
                    convert.Start();
                    convert.WaitForExit();

Help with either of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Contributor
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by thacravedawg

After more searching, I believe I understand what my problem is. I am not inserting the meta data into the .flv. With that known, I'm not sure how to complete that part of the task. I have flvtool2.exe in the same folder as ffmpeg.exe, but am not sure how to complete the task.

I think this post on codeproject addresses my issue but it's written in vb.net which I am a novice in.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Any_Video_to_FLV.aspx

If anyone could explain what I need to be doing with this line...

Dim filebuffer As String = "-U """ & outputPath & "\" & out & """"

I get that I'm creating another argument string, but its never addressed later in the code. And he never directly accesses flvtool2, so I'm confused.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.