i keep getting this error at the top of my page when i go to my forum index. i jst installed it and have never gotten this error before.

Warning: set_magic_quotes_runtime, set_time_limit, version_compare, zend_version, getmyinode, getmypid, getmyuid, getmygid, getopt, getrusage, assert_options, assert, extension_loaded, dl, mysql_pconnect() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/content/b/i/g/bigk105/html/forum/index.php on line 45

i also get this error when i go to my admincp

Warning: set_magic_quotes_runtime, set_time_limit, version_compare, zend_version, getmyinode, getmypid, getmyuid, getmygid, getopt, getrusage, assert_options, assert, extension_loaded, dl, mysql_pconnect() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/content/b/i/g/bigk105/html/forum/admin.php on line 60

i cant even get into my control panel. i believe this is the same problem jst in different pages could anyone tell me what is goin on here thanks :)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Wild Guess: Maybe those routines are disabled in your php.ini file.

yeah thats what im thinking too. but since this is a hosting company server i had to call them up last nite and see what was goin on. and then they had to push it off to ppl that are higher up and they will email be in a few days. damn i hope they dont take to long as i want to get programmingforums back online this is starting to piss me off.
but hopefully i will get an email today or something :)

Your host has disabled half of the nessary built in php functions ;) time to switch to a better host and a better board imo ;)

well i will give them a week to get it working and if they cant im canceling my hosting account with them, and i cant get vbulletin cause i cant afford it, i believe thats what you where getting too :)

I would say to move to VB or YAbb

Both have better support.

I think it might have something to do with PHP being compiled as a module, or something like that? Not sure exactly. Magic quotes does sound vaguely familiar though.

the actual problem was that the host i had didnt have alot of things turned on in the configurations of php. and they where limiting everything so it wouldnt run. and after a week of not hearing from them i canceled my hosting account and moved to a good host with great support. so it wasnt a problem with invision at all and the only reason i dont have great support for invision is cause i cant afford to pay for the support ;) if i decide to pay for support i will switch over to vb as they are cheaper :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.