I have a blog with multiple pictures per post, I would like each picture to be rated independently by the public with a star rating system. Thus far I have not been able to find a script that has the appropriate information for implementation along with the script, just a lengthy code with no instructions. They may or may not help me it is impossible with my understanding of html etc. to know.

Are there any script(s) with instructions I can implement to help me rate each picture with the traditional left to right star system?

Edited by esdece: n/a

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ithelp

Try http://gr0w.com/articles/code/php_5_star_rating_system_using_hreview/

I have a blog with multiple pictures per post, I would like each picture to be rated independently by the public with a star rating system. Thus far I have not been able to find a script that has the appropriate information for implementation along with the script, just a lengthy code with no instructions. They may or may not help me it is impossible with my understanding of html etc. to know.

Are there any script(s) with instructions I can implement to help me rate each picture with the traditional left to right star system?

I downloaded the above file, unzipped it onto my desktop and took the script they said to 'install'? into the coding i guess..

<?
$rater_id=1;
$rater_item_name='Item 1';
include("rater.php");
?>

I put it into my html, saved it and nothing happened. Can anyone put instructions into the above link or link me to something that has instructions attached.

Are you using php pages or straight html pages? The php interpreter will only work if your page is php.

You need to upload both php and html files in your web host and try.

Edited by ithelp: n/a

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.