Hi.

I am developing a system by using php.

Problem I'm facing is that when the resolution of computer is changed, the interfaces of my system is effected.

The resolution used while developing the system is 1440X900 while I just being told that resolution used for computers in the company is 1024X768.

Users now have to scroll to to have a complete view of the site.

Any way to solve this problem? Hope there is. Thanks for any help given.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Use % values for all element width/heights. Use EM for text.

Never specify Pixel ot Pt values.

Use % values for all element width/heights. Use EM for text.

Never specify Pixel ot Pt values.

Yea, in general I would agree to that. Try not to use Pixels or Pt values unless you have a very good reason to do so. It restricts the screen space your users can use.

Although, I always like specifying the width of the outer most element in pixels. I have a bad habit of making everything 800px wide :-]

Yea, in general I would agree to that. Try not to use Pixels or Pt values unless you have a very good reason to do so. It restricts the screen space your users can use.

Although, I always like specifying the width of the outer most element in pixels. I have a bad habit of making everything 800px wide :-]

I used to do that, but my monitor now runs at 1280x1024 so a page with 800px width is too small :) I tend to design for 800x600, i.e. make sure that it doesn't stretch the page at that resolution, but I make it expandable so it works acceptably on most larger resolutions too :D

EDIT:
My post saying /never/ use px values is probably a bit extreme, it is acceptable to use px values for images and the like, but for display blocks such as div, span, and tables, use % as far as is possible :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.