Hi,

I am new in making a social networking site. I want to make such a social networking site which have this type of feature:
1.Search EASILY for artists by name, type of art (about 10 variables), geography, etc - so the Database link and lookup function has to be solid, easy to expand, etc. Our current Member dbase in MS Access or Excel has to be easily imported.
2.Find & see the art in photos, and also either links to,- or embedded youtube etc VIDEO
3.Be easy for the user to upload their photos, info, etc.

How i can make such type of website which should have these type of features.
Please help me to provide if there is some code or url or free code of social networking site which i can get easily.Please help me to provide this.

Thanks,
gargan

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't get it, are you looking for a ready made templated solution? Or are you trying to develop this by yourself with PHP? If its the first, then you can use Joomla and buy components, modules and templates which transform your site into a social networking site and then mold it yourself. If on the other hand you are trying to develop this yourself then you will need good (if not extensive) knowledge of PHP. Since this is a social networking with users, it is also a matter of security not only usability. How much PHP do you know?

I don't get it, are you looking for a ready made templated solution? Or are you trying to develop this by yourself with PHP? If its the first, then you can use Joomla and buy components, modules and templates which transform your site into a social networking site and then mold it yourself. If on the other hand you are trying to develop this yourself then you will need good (if not extensive) knowledge of PHP. Since this is a social networking with users, it is also a matter of security not only usability. How much PHP do you know?

Thanks for reply,
I want that is there any ready made software or code or demo code with help of that i can make such type of social networking site. After that i will do all necessary modifications in that.

If I will get a free code like that. Please help me.
thanks

I am getting the feeling then that you are posting in the wrong forums about this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.