my connection string goes like this...

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=MyDB;Data Source=mysource

I am using windows authentication, iis 7 and Classic ASP to to connect to SQL express 2008.
Using UDL i can connect to my SQL.
I can also connect to my SQLExpress when i am running my Database management studio.

my problem is that i cannot connect to my datasource and response "Cannot open database "mysource" requested by the login. The login failed." upon connecting via asp pages.

I have tried setting my IIS7 to use windows authentication but the problem is that i don't want to go trhough the usual login page that prompts and created my own login pages that is connected to my AD.

Can anyone help me?

Regards.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by rajendra.parmar

Have u created the datasource(database driver)?
if not, then create it.

yes I have already created one.

connstr="Driver={SQL Server}; Server=adnew.db.5580462.hostedresource.com; Database=adnew; Uid=adnew; Pwd=Whwit123;"
conn.open connstr

Edited by __avd: Added [code] tags. Encase your code in: [code] and [/code] tags.

i use this script to connect my mdb file

Dim con
    con = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" &  Server.MapPath("file.mdb")

Edited by marteen: n/a

It is right

my connection string goes like this...

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=MyDB;Data Source=mysource

I am using windows authentication, iis 7 and Classic ASP to to connect to SQL express 2008.
Using UDL i can connect to my SQL.
I can also connect to my SQLExpress when i am running my Database management studio.

my problem is that i cannot connect to my datasource and response "Cannot open database "mysource" requested by the login. The login failed." upon connecting via asp pages.

I have tried setting my IIS7 to use windows authentication but the problem is that i don't want to go trhough the usual login page that prompts and created my own login pages that is connected to my AD.

Can anyone help me?

Regards.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.