hello
i am new to xampp . and making a project using php & mysql.
whenever my php files run, its doesn't show any changes in my database. for eg. ,if i have entered certain values on my html page and through my php page ,the values is getting inserted into my database, it just displays the blank row without the values.
can anyone tell me the correct code about how to insert the values in php.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I don't recommend XAMPP, though it is good once you get used to it! I recommend WAMP, it is elegant and Good. Also check your PHPMyAdmin to browse your databases

I don't recommend XAMPP, though it is good once you get used to it! I recommend WAMP, it is elegant and Good. Also check your PHPMyAdmin to browse your databases

I would have to say if you managed to get XAMPP working then good, keep it as XAMPP has a few minor additional features that WAMP doesn't have (eg. mailserver) although the installation for XAMPP is buggy. If you have already passed the step of installation then the bug will no-longer affect you although one may argue there is no real difference between XAMPP and WAMP as they are both the same localhost server package.

Anyways to insert into mysql the following is the method I use:

INSERT INTO `table` SET `column name` = "Value"

CWarn, that query is kinda confusing to a newbee, or it would at least have confused me at that stage. I think this one is simple to understand

"INSERT INTO employees(FirstName, LastName) VALUES('Stefa', 'Mimi')"

hey guys,
have found a solution..had problem with my html coding.
but thanks a lot for ur suggestions..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.