Please, I need a code that is capable of preventing SEOQuake from loading on my websites, even if a user has installed the plug-in.

For example, Google, Yahoo and Bing implements such feature. I just don't want it to load whenever anybody visits my sites.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Please, I need a code that is capable of preventing SEOQuake from loading on my websites, even if a user has installed the plug-in.

For example, Google, Yahoo and Bing implements such feature. I just don't want it to load whenever anybody visits my sites.

You cannot stop a firefox addon from loading on your site. The reason it doesn't load on those websites is because it is configured that way.

Your website runs in a security sandbox in the browser and cannot modify plugins. Only plugins are able to access the higher privileges required to do this.

Thanks for your reply and insight. I'm currently discussing with the SEOQuake Team to see if they will add my sites to the excluded domains by default. They have a great plug-in, but it's somewhat intrusive and sometimes annoying in some areas.

You cannot stop a firefox addon from loading on your site. The reason it doesn't load on those websites is because it is configured that way.

Your website runs in a security sandbox in the browser and cannot modify plugins. Only plugins are able to access the higher privileges required to do this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.