Hi,

I'm quite new to CMS I was browsing the internet and it seems that there are A LOT if CMS around. I hope that someone who has had experience with CMS could help me with choosing the right one.

From my research I understand that 3 biggest players are Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress?! Are there any other options I should consider ?

I'm planning to site with preferebly a lot of users, where users can register and add their own content (pictures, video, text, etc). I want to add picture,video galleries as well. It wouldn't hurt if this particular CMS would be easy to change design vise.

Which CMS would you suggest ?

Thank you in advane :)

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Member Avatar for nileshgr

I suggest you check out opensourcecms.com for demos of different cmses and select accordingly.

In my opinion use joomla or drupal.

Thank you for your response!

Joomla seems to attract me the most :)

Thank you a lot for that internet site, there's a lot of useful information there! Just what I needed :)

This question comes up regularly and most people will point you at the most popular ones such as Joomla, Mambo, Drupal or Wordpress because that is what they are familiar with. Being popular means that there may be more choice of templates and plugins and that may be important to you. As you found, there are many many others and some of those may have some specific advantages over the better known systems. I have been using a system called Website Baker for many years. It is very straightforward to understand and change. It is very easy for non-technical people to use to maintain a site. I suggest that you include it in your evaluation.

Chris

Joomla is BEst CMS in my Review because it's Complete Your ll Requirement Like: Content Posting, Image, Video Posting . New Designee Integrated.
and the Most Thing is That this is Free available on www.joomla.org

Thank you for your replies!
As I did more in depth research I did add "MODX" and "Website Baker" in my evaluation.

Clearly there are many opinions on CMS. So I will have to do some thinking (sometimes it would be so much easier if we just had 3 to choose from) :D

A lot of comments stated that joomla and drupal for example are outdated code wise and that none of them are SEO friendly. Where modx and website baker are the new real deals .

One thing that reviews, comments and developer sites didn't cover is whether there is a limit to how much users can those CMS handle? And will my users be able to add their own content? Or is it a standard for CMS? (I usually don't read further than first page of comments )

there is not limit that how much user handle CMS.
and also Your User can Upload there own contents with Joomla.
Because i also Use Joomla...

Member Avatar for nileshgr

glFusion is also a nice one although doesn't seem to be SEO friendly. I didn't find clean url settings in its demo.

Since you need extensive CMS solution with registration and various other features I suggest Joomla. It is hard to find proper template configuration, but after some time you will be satisfied.

hi,

i'm quite new to cms i was browsing the internet and it seems that there are a lot if cms around. I hope that someone who has had experience with cms could help me with choosing the right one.

From my research i understand that 3 biggest players are joomla, drupal and wordpress?! Are there any other options i should consider ?

I'm planning to site with preferebly a lot of users, where users can register and add their own content (pictures, video, text, etc). I want to add picture,video galleries as well. It wouldn't hurt if this particular cms would be easy to change design vise.

Which cms would you suggest ?

Thank you in advane :)

i would suggest you to use joomla because it is more used in market.

I like JOOMLA too, but it is very hard to learn use it :D

Joomla was hard at first, but once you undesrand sections, categories etc. It gets really great

I chose Joomla btw

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.