We have .net application installed on production server. It is using .net FrameWork 3.0 on windows server 2003 with RAM 4 GB.

But there is a problem in application while running sometimes it throws system out of memory exception. I am very frustrating with this. Also I am unable to simulate the issue. I had checked all the possibilities which can cause the problem but didn’t get any thing which solve the issue

I checked on production server event log found the Out Of Memory Exception also INVALID VIEW STATE logs are there.
Look at the following event log which may help to find solutions.

Exception information:
Exception type: HttpException
Exception message: Invalid viewstate.
Request information:
Request path: /zContest/ScriptResource.axd
User: LisaA
Is authenticated: True
Authentication Type: Forms
Thread information:
Thread ID: 10
Is impersonating: True
Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.DecryptStringWithIV(String s, IVType ivType)
at System.Web.UI.Page.DecryptString(String s)
at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.DecryptParameter(NameValueCollection queryString)
at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpResponse response, NameValueCollection queryString, VirtualFileReader fileReader)
at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event code: 3005

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.

Process information:

Process ID: 5388

Process name: w3wp.exe

Exception information:

Exception type: OutOfMemoryException

Exception message: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help me out on this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.