Can anyone help me with the following problem? I am working on an ASP.Net application and have some basic database functionality working, i.e. a user login. It is working perfectly but when i try and put the files in a lower directory the login wont work. I am just working with 3 files, login.aspx, success.aspx and webconfig.xml. I have put them all in a lower directory but it wont work. Cheers for any help!

ASP.Net application files must reside in a "virtual directory" with the web server sees as that. Saying that, of those 3 files you have, they do not include the important ones from a functionality point of view: global.asax, & web.config.

The former files controls application events, allowing you to execute code the first time any page in your application is requested, or even every time the page is requested.

The latter file contains settings for your application, such as how session state should behave or where to apply security.

Basically you can't just pick and choose files to move. The entire application directory is a whole thing.

Thie \bin directory, also known as the assembly cache holds compiled binary files used by your application(s). Each application has its own assembly cache, but can inherit one from its parent.

:cool:

Can anyone help me with the following problem? I am working on an ASP.Net application and have some basic database functionality working, i.e. a user login. It is working perfectly but when i try and put the files in a lower directory the login wont work. I am just working with 3 files, login.aspx, success.aspx and webconfig.xml. I have put them all in a lower directory but it wont work. Cheers for any help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.