Hi All, I have a question about generating results in fields automatically without submitting or onclick onblur etc.. Just the result would generate and show as soon as I start filling in fields.
example I would like to fill out my size qty and have the result show in
field QTY_1 but not like shown below but dont know how?
Any help is much appreciated thanks :D

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td><input   size="2" value="N/A" /></td>
            <td><input id="WDS_M100_Cocoa_S" name="WDS_M100_Cocoa_S" type="text"  size="2" /></td>
            <td><input id="WDS_M100_Cocoa_M" name="WDS_M100_Cocoa_M" type="text"   size="2" /></td>
            <td><input 	id="WDS_M100_Cocoa_L"	name="WDS_M100_Cocoa_L" type="text"   size="2" /></td>
            <td><input id="WDS_M100_Cocoa_XL"name="WDS_M100_Cocoa_XL" type="text"   size="2" /></td>
            <td><input id="WDS_M100_Cocoa_XXL"  name="WDS_M100_Cocoa_XXL" type="text"  size="2" /></td>
            <td>&nbsp;</td>
            <td><label>
              <input id="QTY_1"  name="QTY_1"type="text"   onfocus="document.getElementById('QTY_1').value=document.getElementById('WDS_M100_Cocoa_S').value*1+document.getElementById('WDS_M100_Cocoa_M').value*1+document.getElementById('WDS_M100_Cocoa_L').value*1+document.getElementById('WDS_M100_Cocoa_XL').value*1+document.getElementById('WDS_M100_Cocoa_XXL').value*1" size="2" />
              </label></td>
</tr></table>

there is going to be an event monitored, the page does Not just change
the onchange event may be what you require

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.