Ok,
So rdoc avoids over-documentation by deciding that some modules & functions (e.g. private methods) are best left ignored and undocumented. Kindly rdoc lets you override some of this helpfulness by passing the '--all' and/or '--promiscuous' at run-time. Great.

However, there are still some modules that are left undocumented for reasons unknown to me, and my google-fu is not up to finding the relevant documentation on documentation tools.

What I am after really is an exhaustive (or nearly exhaustive) list of things that will cause rdoc to ignore parts of code (i.e. #--, :nodoc: etc).

Any ideas?

Ok,
So rdoc avoids over-documentation by deciding that some modules & functions (e.g. private methods) are best left ignored and undocumented. Kindly rdoc lets you override some of this helpfulness by passing the '--all' and/or '--promiscuous' at run-time. Great.

However, there are still some modules that are left undocumented for reasons unknown to me, and my google-fu is not up to finding the relevant documentation on documentation tools.

What I am after really is an exhaustive (or nearly exhaustive) list of things that will cause rdoc to ignore parts of code (i.e. #--, :nodoc: etc).

Any ideas?

Sirry Jimmy, but your question doesn't make much sense to me. An rdoc is simply a documentation file that tells you a little bit about the application. You have to look up the applications API to find every single nuance. If every single bit of code was in an rdoc, it wouldn't be very helpful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.