hello,
I have my php project and I want to build the application so that when i give it to someone he/she just executes the installer file.
It should include all the necessary perquisites like apache, php and mysql.

How do I do that? any software that can help?

Please help.

Thanking you in advance

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

hello,
I have my php project and I want to build the application so that when i give it to someone he/she just executes the installer file.
It should include all the necessary perquisites like apache, php and mysql.

How do I do that? any software that can help?

Please help.

Thanking you in advance

What exactly are you wanting to do? Use PHP to build a binary so someone can install something? or make a script to download a binary? php can't be compiled as far as I know. Its completely interpreted by your browser or the php package.

It depends on what kind of user is going to run the software. If the software is intended for developers who know PHP then I suggest you take the Joomla, phpBB approach whereby the user will just copy the software folder to the server.
What I have seen some developers do is to distribute their software packages on a CD containing other pre-requisite software such as wamp for windows and then supply instructions for use to the intended users. Clearly in such a case the first instruction is going to be install the wamp server and then copy files to C:\wamp\www.
Happy times!

i have my project files included in a folder. I want to build my project so that it is distributable. I want the user to just execute the setup file and use the program.

Your project should be able to bundle WAMP or MAPP with your project at www folder (hope you know that). You should make utility to launch the url to localhost (using Python it is few lines) or if users can understand just do it themselves. Alternative to this trick you can just create toolbar bookmark to default webbrowser (perhaps all browsers) directly from installer.

I hope that is what you need ;)

Your project should be able to bundle WAMP or MAPP with your project at www folder (hope you know that). You should make utility to launch the url to localhost (using Python it is few lines) or if users can understand just do it themselves. Alternative to this trick you can just create toolbar bookmark to default webbrowser (perhaps all browsers) directly from installer.

I hope that is what you need ;)

how do u bundle with wamp?

i suggest you that why not u zipped your project in single file with installing instruction with Downloading Link of WAMP or MAPP. so every user can use it without any installer.
and also you may create the installer in php and set it the default directory for user help in installing the project.

i suggest you that why not u zipped your project in single file with installing instruction with Downloading Link of WAMP or MAPP. so every user can use it without any installer.
and also you may create the installer in php and set it the default directory for user help in installing the project.

Cool,
Get XAMPP zipped version and unzip it. Add your project to htdocs and zip it. Now make a script (Bash/CMD-.bat/Python) in any language (I recommend Python) which will do simple stuffs --> Unzip to C:\ or whatever and make XAMPP shortcut and add bookmark on Web browser. or it might be a script to start XAMPP and open web browser at localhost soon when server is up.

It is not difficult-almost-impossible task ;)

thnx all...

your ideas are great.
evstevemd your idea worth a try.
thnx, but not solved yet!

where have you reached so far?
I can assist you with little time I have. Just post where have you reached so far and what is the problem ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.