theories 0 Newbie Poster

Hey everyone!

I'm developing a website that interfaces with a database for a college senior project that interfaces with multiple types of smart phones to submit information the phones gather. Part of the requirements is to let the user upload a file. The standard HTML form using method=post for input type=file works just fine for the Android and Windows Mobile phones (since they can use the browse capability) but the option is disabled on the iPhone.

Therefore, I was thinking that maybe I could create a php page that used $_GET to fill in the form fields as default values so I could specify the file name for the input=file type. All values specified are displayed within the input boxes except the file names I specify for those boxes of type=file (basically showing an empty box even though the source code confirms that value= is now set to what I specified in the URL).

The code:

<form action="test.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post">
<input name="uploadedfile1" type="file" value="<?php echo $_GET['path1'];?>">

That isn't the full code, but that shows how i define the form and I'm defining the input. The echo $_GET works for everything but the type=file. The box for the input is left blank when I go to the page (as if there is no input at all).

Is there another way to set the default value so the file path/name I specify will appear in the box or will this not work at all?