hi guys,

How to set html element value using php???
if it's not possible how to do this??

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

more information required
it is easy, <element value='<php echo $VALUE; ?>' > but the exact format depends on where you are getting the values, and what you want them to do,

what I'm trying to is php chatbox I can't get the data from mysql database to be inserted in the message box.

How I could do this???

Thanks

more information required,
is the chat reloading the page, simple php,
or writing to an existing page without refreshing the page, AJAX
what have you tried, what code are you using

Actually I think I'm writing a simple php chatbox web application. The code that I used is a simple database that contain the messages and input textbox with submit button, and the chatbox itself which contain all the messages from all users, my problem that I can't get the data from database to be displayed in chatbox??

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

From the above, you want the script writing to an existing page without refreshing the page, thats AJAX, the page uses javascript to poll at interval a server php script and writes returned html data into the existing <div><textarea> etc
the best place for this q is probably the adjacent Javascript/Dhtml/AJAX forum, where the mavens could likely write it in their sleep,
I cheat, I used a prewritten chat http://www.phpfreechat.net

could you help me with some code cause I could figure out any!!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.