saintalan 0 Newbie Poster

I hope somebody may be able to help, I have got nowhere on other forums. It may be my problem is to do with my PC, it is difficult to tell.

I have been using VS .NET Pro on XP and am learning C#. All was proceeding well for at least a month. I then reached a stage where I needed IIS and to cut a long story short this was resolved by stopping McAffee PrivacyService.

However although this was an easy fix it was not easy to find and thus the journey involved a lot of tinkering and a re-install of XP & VS.

Now although VS works it can take anywhere between 10 mins and 'who knows' between the splash screen and full start up. I have noticed during this time that the Windows clock stops and catches up when VS finally gets going.

All other apps work fine. Also VS seems to have a better chance when I start via a project/solution file rather than just starting from the VS shortcut.

I have done a lot of tinkering including MS advice about a clean install.

One other point VS loads and works fine on another PC.

Hope some bright spark can help me & give this forum 5 Stars!

Cheers

Alan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.