Hi people,

I would like to send automatic email reminder to people, by calendar preset dates...The peoples email address are taken from
2 diffrent tables..
How do get the email add from the different tables and send automatic email reminders on system date... I think its somethink lik retreive all the email address and put in one table. and then send email for that particular field..
How to write the php code ?
I have no idea about it...

Ur help is much appreciated..

Thanks,
Tryphy

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Well, what you're looking at here requires more than just PHP. You can make a script that sends the reminders (without knowing your app/database, we'd have no way of showing you how to do this), but you'll also need to set the system to automatically run your script.

If you have *nix-based hosting, you'll have to use the crontab. There are many guides about it on google.
If you have Windows-based hosting, you'll have to use the system task configuration (or something like that...I'm not a Windows user)

Well, what you're looking at here requires more than just PHP. You can make a script that sends the reminders (without knowing your app/database, we'd have no way of showing you how to do this), but you'll also need to set the system to automatically run your script.

If you have *nix-based hosting, you'll have to use the crontab. There are many guides about it on google.
If you have Windows-based hosting, you'll have to use the system task configuration (or something like that...I'm not a Windows user)

Hey Jerail,
Thanks for your reply... I have the *nix-based hosting.
Could you please guide me on how to send a reminder email (which the email is taken from the database).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.