Ok so here's what I'm trying to do:

1. You press submit on my php donation form page, and when you press submit it goes to a process.php but within the IF statement I have it to where it sends my client an HTML email.

2. What I want my HTML email (in a table) to do is get some of the info from the form. So within the HTML email table in my <td> i have something like:

<?php echo $_GET["FirstName"]; ?>

- Will this work or how should I go about it?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

If form is submitting and the firstName attribute present in the form, definitely it should work.

in the form if you specify methode="get" use $_get[] or if you menction methode="post" use $_post[];

Ok so here's what I'm trying to do:

1. You press submit on my php donation form page, and when you press submit it goes to a process.php but within the IF statement I have it to where it sends my client an HTML email.

2. What I want my HTML email (in a table) to do is get some of the info from the form. So within the HTML email table in my <td> i have something like:

<?php echo $_GET["FirstName"]; ?>

- Will this work or how should I go about it?

definately it works fine.

in the form if you specify methode="get" use $_get[] or if you menction methode="post" use $_post[];

If you are not aware what you are using , use $_REQUEST

i think $_REQUEST is using for getting querystring veriable values.

i think $_REQUEST is using for getting querystring veriable values.

Also we can use $_REQUEST for get and post method, It will works fine with out problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.