Just curious...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Just curious...

Of course, but so will Windows, eventually. Think about it. The horse and buggy are obsolete ways of travel, but once, they were all the rage, and they were for a long time, at that.

Yes, eventually the day will come when people look back on php programming and say, "You mean they actually had to TYPE all that?"

Probably find the next thing after php will be computers inventing themselves. All you would need to do is tell the computer to make a big website then the computer will code it all for you. But that I believe is the distant future when AI is invented. Until then we are stuck with code and debuggers.

I share the same view as cwarn. eventually website design will be as simple as talking to a computer about what you want.

Website development has been made easier over the years if you look at the difference between python and php, sure they can both achieve the same things but how we achieve them has been made easier.

and that would be in the near what? 10 years? 20 years? What do you think guys? or will PHP continue to have better and better versions?

and that would be in the near what? 10 years? 20 years? What do you think guys? or will PHP continue to have better and better versions?

PHP will eventually be phased out but not as fast as many of the other languages out there. For example, .NET started out as a wonderful framework with a lot of potential and in the process became so convoluted like everything else that Microsoft touches. Java also had a lot of potential but is also held back by the limitations of Sun. PHP is completely open source leaving it open for any number of developers to add libraries to and there is ample documentation online. When PHP is phased out it will be replaced by something that is just as or more effective and wonderful. I like having the option to make things as complicated as I want them to be depending on the project that I am working on and obviously, I/we am not alone.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.