Google has just released the beta of its brand new web browser called Chrome. I have used it a little bit now and I really like it. All of the extras it offers are very cool, but the best part as far as I've seen is the AMAZING speed that it opens web pages. It opens flash saturated web pages in a heartbeat! The only downfall that I can see is it's not to comfortable on the eyes, but maybe thats just me. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

http://www.google.com/chrome

Here are some of the features according to google:

"One box for everything
Type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and web pages.

Thumbnails of your top sites
Access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab.

Shortcuts for your apps
Get desktop shortcuts to launch your favorite web applications."

This is NOT spam, I'm just informing the daniweb community that there is another choice for web browsers, as of yesterday :)

Cheers,

~Mike

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Took one look @ the screen shots and closed tha page :icon_cheesygrin:

Astute Reg readers have pointed out a Chrome condition of service that effectively lets Google use any of your copyrighted material posted to the web via Chrome without paying you a cent.

Why would anyone wanna use this POS when this is a condition of service??

Source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/03/google_chrome_eula_sucks

Its just a ploy by google to get info from people so they can be plastered with ads,etc.... (They are almost as bad as microsoft)

I wouldnt trust them at all!!

Stuff put out by google is spyware and shouldnt be trusted!!

Hehe, yes, the Google Giant is out to get you, The Dude!

:)

I personally love Google Chrome, the fact of the matter is that there is simply no spyware in there, despite any contrary belief ...

Chrome has still bug...hope that google is working on this.

lol yes chrome has a few bugs, like for instance i have had a hard time opening pdf's with it.... But it's a beta.... enough said.

chrome is good but show little when browsing like "can not find page" for facebook

I'll stick to Firefox until they release a non-beta version. Although would be interesting to try it out and I might actually do that (is it really faster?)

I've got some problem with my browsers (both chroome & firefix) that while i'm doing any search another new web browser is open automatically with some ads, i tried to disable the popup blockers but its also the same problem!!!!!
any suggestions???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.