HI my project involves reverse geocoding and therfore i ve embedded the google maps api in my web site and am using their geocoder to get location names from coordinates. The geocoder and its functions are written in php. Now the problem is that i need to store the values mapped into a database. Now i can get this value in a different page and insert it using PHP but then i want my code to automatically reverse geocode multiple coordinate entries from a database. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IS THERE ANYWAY TO INSERT VALUES FROM JAVASCRIPT?????????OR IS THERE SOME WAY BY WHICH I CAN PASS THE JAVASCRIPT VALUES TO PHPIN THE SAME PAGE........(IM TRYING TO USE COOKIES etc.etc BUT AM REALLLLLY SHORT OF TYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!)

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

IS THERE ANYWAY TO INSERT VALUES FROM JAVASCRIPT?????????OR IS THERE SOME WAY BY WHICH I CAN PASS THE JAVASCRIPT VALUES TO PHPIN THE SAME PAGE........(IM TRYING TO USE COOKIES etc.etc BUT AM REALLLLLY SHORT OF TYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!)

Sounds like a perfect job for Ajax! You can send data to a php script (which takes care of the database storage) via javascript calls with ajax.

This seems like homework. We are not homework.
Maybe you can find similar things ALREADY done via the web. :)

Hey, what coding software are you using? Notepad, Wordpad, Dreamweaver or what?

Um...not sure what that has to do with this thread...

just a text editor!!!

huh????

This seems like homework. We are not homework.
Maybe you can find similar things ALREADY done via the web. :)

You know, you could get by using just one exclamation point or question mark instead of 3-10 each time.

Typing in caps doesn't help your case either - it just irritates people.

Using a coding software like Dreamweaver will make it immensely easier in the coding process!

You know, you could get by using just one exclamation point or question mark instead of 3-10 each time.

Typing in caps doesn't help your case either - it just irritates people.

You know using more than one exclamation point or question mark is a habit. I always use like three question marks when I ask questions while I am chatting. It may not help the case but that's just the way people type.

Member Avatar for diafol

You know using more than one exclamation point or question mark is a habit. I always use like three question marks when I ask questions while I am chatting. It may not help the case but that's just the way people type.

I'm with Ezz here. Habit or not, it's not nice, and its use on DW should be discouraged. I like DW because it's a good quality site, with well-written (in the main) questions and answers. Text messaging language, allcaps and extraneous punctuation annoy the hell out of me. There is simply no need for it.

This is homework by the sounds of it - sound advice given - use Ajax. Plenty on online sources available. Use Google.

BTW: "Urgent" in the title is a homework giveaway.

Using a coding software like Dreamweaver will make it immensely easier in the coding process!

Well, sure, an IDE is a help...I use vim. The syntax highlighting alone makes it easier to work with than Notepad. But that doesn't have anything to do with solving the OP's issue. Not trying to be harsh, but there just seems to be a disconnect there.

There was just 2 useful posts related to my question.Peple are more intent on scrutiny than being specific it seems here. BTW i ve no idea by wat u mean by homework because i am absolutely new to this community and came coz im in need of a solution for a part of my project and its been driving me nuts coz im new to php too. Anyways thanks to the 2 who gave a MEANINGFUL reply. To the others ,Thank u for showing me out of Dani web coz the other forums return more solutions.

If you want people to help, type in a manor others can understand.
Yes maybe !!! is a habbit, it's not a bad problem. Though doing
I CNT DO DIS ITS 2 HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's hard to read. :L I'm not saying you did that, just saying thats all. Need to be calm and type in lowercase. Etc.

The google maps API as posted in google code, includes AJAX calls of the type required
there are other sites than google that provide editable code to create the desired result as well

Member Avatar for diafol

There was just 2 useful posts related to my question.Peple are more intent on scrutiny than being specific it seems here. BTW i ve no idea by wat u mean by homework because i am absolutely new to this community and came coz im in need of a solution for a part of my project and its been driving me nuts coz im new to php too. Anyways thanks to the 2 who gave a MEANINGFUL reply. To the others ,Thank u for showing me out of Dani web coz the other forums return more solutions.

Well, that post was understandable. Welcome to Daniweb, hope you have a nice time. However, if you're going to be so petulant...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.